Some challenging movie roles require both great acting skills from the actor, and hours spent in make-up. An actor will commit to a performance a lot better if they really believe that they have been transformed into the character they are playing. In that way, they will enjoy their job and the audience will be immersed in their performance.
Hollywood is always in high demands for makeup artists, but they all start with working as assistants on a movie set or television show. However, if you are talented enough you might get the chance to transform Richard Brake into The Night King. Or, Helena Bonham Carter into the Red Queen. How awesome would that be?
Some actors have been heavily transformed by the power of makeup, to the point of being completely unrecognizable.
Here are just some of them, courtesy of Bored Panda.
1. Ralph Fiennes as Lord Voldemort in Harry Potter
2. Naomi Grossman as Pepper in American Horror Story
3. Meryl Streep as Rabbi in Angels in America
Source: amazon.com , Steve Granitz
4. Heath Ledger as The Joker in The Dark Knight
Source: amazon.com , Bob Riha Jr
5. Robin Williams as Mrs. Doubtfire in the film Mrs. Doubtfire
Source: amazon.com , Eva Rinaldi
6. Eddie Redmayne as Lili in The Danish Girl
Source: Doug Peters/EMPICS Entertainment
7. Jacob Tremblay as Auggie in Wonder
Source: Christopher Polk , Lionsgate
8. Richard Brake as The Night King in the TV show Game Of ThronesÂ