Wearing dark lipstick is a formidable choice. You’ll be sure to make a statement and guarantee that people will be focused on you.Â By following these easy tips you’ll make sure you’re on the right track when it comes to picking the correct shade and proper application. The list is made by Diply.
1. Preparation is important before applying dark lipstick
Make sure you’re exfoliating your lips using either a scrub or a soft toothbrush to slough away all the dead skin.
2. Moisturize first
This will ensure that your lips don’t get that chapped dry look.
Instagram |Â @wincycw
3. Don’t get stressed when you pick the right shade for your skin
Try going for a berry shade if you have a fair skin tone. And if your skin has a cool undertone, try a blue base. Yellow base is perfect for people with a warm undertone.
Instagram |Â @lonelyspaceprince
4. Berry tones will also fit you perfectly if you have a medium skin tone
You can even go through with something of a more terracotta tone.
Instagram |Â @tanita_guerita
5. A brown based shade is perfect if you’re tanned or have an oil complexion
Again, a blue based shade is your shade if you have a cool undertone.
Instagram |Â @justjasmine24
6. Having darker skin means you are free to try out colors of every kind, especially bold ones
Always make sure you do your research about your undertone skin.
Instagram |Â @madanbeaute
7. Try a blue base shade to avoid your teeth appearing yellow
8. Ask for a sample if you’re not sure what color suits you
Swabbing the side of a lipstick will ensure it’s safety.
9. Make sure you’ve completed moisturizing and exfoliating the area before you apply your lipstick
Proceed on creating a base with a foundation.